Machine Quilting Services
Urban Spools is proud to on-site offer computerized edge-to-edge quilting services to help you quickly move on to displaying your quilt!
Our Longarm Team treats every quilt as one of our own. We use the Baby Lock Regalia with ProStitcher to perform edge-to-edge machine quilting. Quilting price is based on $.02 per square inch.
When you drop off your quilt, you will have options to customize your quilt by selecting the quilting pattern, thread color, and batting choices. Or, if you prefer, you can request "Quilters Choice" to allow our Team to help with these decisions!
Urban Spools carries several types of good quality batting for you to choose from. The brands we carry have been thoroughly tested for drape, softness, and quality. We cotton, wool, polyester, and 80/20 cotton blends.
In general, it takes approximately 4 weeks for a quilt to be completed. Upon drop off, our Team will be able to give a more accurate turnaround time based on our current queue. If you have an urgent need, we do have a rush service for an additional fee.
Once quilted, your quilt is returned to you with raw edges intact, ready for you to trim and apply binding.
Prepping Your Quilt Top
To ensure a smoother quilting success, we recommend the following steps to prepare your quilt:
- Trim and remove all basting seams, points, and excess threads.
- Press all seams flat, making sure all seams are securely sewn.
- Quilt top, batting and backing should be separated - not basted together.
- If there is a seam in the backing, it is best if it runs horizontally.
- Square up the quilt top by checking top, bottom, and sides are parallel to each other and corners are 90° angles.
- Backing fabric must be a minimum of 8” wider and longer than your quilt top to ensure 4" extra on every side. This allows sufficient room to attach the backing to the quilt frame.
- To determine the square inches of your quilt top, multiply the length x width. There is a minimum charge of $75.00.
- Any quilt not picked up within 60 days of completion will become the property of Urban Spools Sewing Lounge.
In addition to edge-to-edge quilting services, we also offer the following services:
- Seaming quilt backing is a $10 charge per seam.
- Hate to pin baste? Basting only is $0.0075 per square inch.
- Don't have time to add the binding? We do have a Team member who offers this service.
Do you want to do your own machine quilting on that top you lovingly pieced?
Longarm machines take up space but definitely fill a specific need! We have the Baby Lock Regalia and Baby Lock Coronet available for on-site rental.
Learn more about our longarm rental program.