Prepping Your Quilt to Send
To ensure a smooth quilting process, we recommend the following steps to prepare your quilt:
- The max quilt top width we support is 120".
- Trim and remove all basting seams, points, and excess threads.
- Press all seams flat.
- Make sure all seams are securely sewn.
- Quilt top, batting and backing should be separated - not basted together.
- If there is a seam in the backing, it is best if it runs horizontally.
- Square up the quilt top by checking top, bottom, and sides are parallel to each other and corners are 90° angles.
- Backing fabric must be a minimum of 8” wider and longer than your quilt top to ensure 4" extra on every side. This allows sufficient room to attach the backing to the quilt frame.
- Any quilt not picked up within 60 days of completion will become the property of Urban Spools Sewing Lounge.
Sending your Quilt to Urban Spools
You have two options for submitting your quilt to Urban Spools:
- Drop off using Curbside Pickup
We offer curbside pickup Tuesday - Saturday from 11a - 5p. Simply call our shop (214-324-5755) to alert our Team when you'll be arriving.
Place your quilt top and backing in a bag securely in your trunk. When you arrive, call our shop and pop your trunk. One of our Team members will come outside to get your quilt.
As soon as we have the quilt, we will review your order and call you to confirm our details, discuss turn around time for finishing your quilting service, and review the final cost for your approval before starting your job.
If you have any questions, please contact our store or request an online meeting and we will happily assist you with this process.